On this page, you’ll find 17 Inland Deserts California Wildlife Areas and units that allow hunting but only for “authorized species.” For each one, we specify its county and designation as a Type A, Type B, and Type C area. Finally, we provide a list of counties in Inland Deserts California, which is Region 6 of the Department of Fish and Wildlife. Click here for other Regions.
Inland Deserts California Wildlife Areas
This Section includes a list of 17 Inland Deserts California Wildlife Areas and units that allow hunting, as well as links to our hunter-friendly pages for each location. There, you’ll find practically everything you need for hunting, including what, when, where, and how you can hunt there. In addition to direct links to supporting laws, we include general hunting regulations for each species. We also provide area contact info, driving directions, custom maps, and local rules for using bikes, boats, campers, firearms, lotteries, permits, reservations, and much more!!
- Baldwin Lake Ecological Reserve
- Buttermilk Country Wildlife Area
- Camp Cady Wildlife Area
- Cartago Wildlife Area
- East Walker River Wildlife Area
- French Valley Wildlife Area
- Green Creek Wildlife Area
- Imperial Wildlife Area
- Indian Valley Wildlife Area
- Kelso Peak & Old Dad Mnts Wildlife Area
- Marble Mountains Wildlife Area
- Perris Reservoir State Recreation Area
- Pickel Meadow Wildlife Area
- San Jacinto Wildlife Area
- Santa Rosa Wildlife Area
- Slinkard-Little Antelope Wildlife Area
- West Walker River Wildlife Area
Counties in CDFW Region 6
Inland Deserts California Wildlife Areas include those in Region 6 of the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW). The Region includes the five counties listed below.
- Imperial County
- Inyo County
- Mono County
- Riverside County
- San Bernardino County
HELP!! While we do our best to include all Inland Deserts California Wildlife Areas, we might miss some or make a typo. If so, please leave a reply in the comment box below.