On this page, you’ll find area-specific regulations that supplement and/or supersede general use regulations, both of which are a condition for use and incorporated by reference into the entry permit. You’ll also find links to supporting law, websites, directions, hunt maps, and a suggestion box.
Warning shot!!! Remember, federal law also applies (link to our summary of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.) and additional rules may be located at the Wildlife Area that you can’t find anywhere else (e.g. check station, information kiosks, permits, reservations, road signs, etc.)
Authorized species: all legal species, but the CDFW emphasizes the following–
- Big Game: black bear and deer
- Resident Small Game: rabbit
- Upland Game Birds: mountain quail and blue grouse
[14 CCR § 630(d)(7)]
- CDFW symbols: the area webpage only reflects the following activities-
- County: Mono County
- Directions: Hwy 395 about 4.5 mi west of Bridgeport, follow dirt road west of Bridgeport Ranger Station to the reserve.
- Location: near Bridgeport
- Phone: (909) 484-0167
- Region 6: Inland Deserts
- Size: acres
- Website: By Day Creek Ecological Reserve
Warning shot!!! Fishing is NOT allowed [14 CCR § 630(e)(7)]